Prior to Recording:
Copies of the plat must be submitted to County Surveyor, County Auditor, County Treasurer, County Assessor & County Recorder two weeks prior to anticipated recording date.
- If the governing entity is the City of Owatonna or the City of Blooming Prairie, a Plat Resolution document must be presented for recording at the same time as the Plat. Recording fee is $46.00
- One mylar full-size plat must be presented for recording and labeled
as the “ORIGINAL”.
- Ditch assessment division agreement (if required by statute). Recording fee is $46.00
- Plat fee payable to the Steele County Treasurer in the amount of $300.00.
- Plat checklist.
Plat Recording Fees:
- Abstract property: $56.00
- Torrens property: $56.00